We need you!
The Earth Day Alliance is a nonprofit all volunteer organization. We count on the time and energy of volunteers to make each annual Earth Day event possible.
We invite you to share the skills you’ve gained from a life-time of experiences or get involved for the first time. There is a place for everyone who wants to be involved: women, men, children, students, interns, and seniors. Work credit and school credit may be available. Volunteers under 18 years old must have parent’s consent.
Areas in which we need assistance and a brief overview of the tasks follow:
Ongoing tasks January 20 to April 25
- Pre-event planning and logistics
- Seek sponsors and exhibitors
- Recruit volunteers
- Social Networking
- Website update & posting (wordpress)
- Data management
- Media team
- Graphic design
Earth Day Drawing (our $1,000+ fundraiser)
– Solicit donations – Pick up donations – Prepare donation display
– Create signs – Design booth layout – Set up booth – Work at booth
– Cleanup – Distribute items to winners – Send thank you notes
Earth Day Weekend Volunteer Opportunities
- Set up: Saturday, April 23rd – noon to 5pm
10 volunteers to assist with site clearing, marking space and booth set up.
- Day of event: Sunday, April 24th – 7:30am to 6:30pm
50 volunteer monitors to work shifts: 3 hour minimum
Tasks include: parking lot and road monitors; set up and break down; stage crew; recycle / compost monitor and other miscellaneous duties.